Quinoa is one of the most nutritious food you can incorporate in your meals because of its unique nutrient content. Especially great for vegetarians since it is a good source of protein. There is no other plant food that contains all nine amino acids as quinoa does. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, iron, B-vitamins, calcium, phosphorous and antioxidants. This is one of the main reasons why I love recipes which helps us introduce this nutrient packed food to our little ones.
Here is a quick toddler breakfast/ snack idea using quinoa that is healthy and wholesome. This is customizable with pretty much any veggies you have on hand. It is also freezer friendly.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen veggies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder (optional)
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2-1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/160C. Prepare a mini muffin tin or a regular muffin tin with butter or oil
- Mix all of the ingredients listed above until well combined
- Pour the mixture using a spoon into the muffin tin and fill it 3/4 full. Press the top down to get evenly shaped bites
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sides and top appear to have a golden brown color
This recipe makes about 24 mini bites or 12 big bites in regular muffin pan.
- I used 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa for this recipe. Once cooked with 1 cup water gives roughly 1 cup for this recipe.
- You can use any veggies you have on hand to add to this mixture.
- It tastes best when served warm
- Once its completely cooled, store it in an airtight container in refrigerator for upto 4-5 days or can be stored in freezer for upto a month
- Do give this easy nutritious recipe a try and let me know if you like it 🙂