This was a humble attempt to make my chapathis more appealing to my toddler. This chapathi came out softer than regular ones and best served warm with some curry. We had green peas curry with it. Give it a try!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (optional)
- salt as needed
- oil as needed
- water as needed for kneading
- Wash spinach thoroughly and drain them in a strainer, then remove the stalks
- Puree spinach along with ginger and garlic into a fine paste
- Take whole wheat flour, add salt as needed per taste, then add garam masala (optional)
- Now add the puree mixture to the dry flour, along with one tbsp oil and water as needed to make a soft dough
- Apply oil on top of the dough, then cover with a wet cloth or container until ready to make them (its better to leave the dough aside for about 30 minutes to get soft chapathis).
- Make dough into medium sized balls.
- Add ghee or oil as needed to the skillet, roll the chapathi balls into round shapes
- Flip chapathis once small bubbles start to form, then add oil/ghee to one side and repeat for both sides.
Please share with me on instagram if you give this recipe a try! There are so many varieties of chapathis we can try for kids lunch boxes and dinners. Let me know what your favorite chapathi variety is!