Dosa or Indian crepes are a popular breakfast dish in India and its wholesome, filling and versatile. There are so many kinds of dosas you can make according to your taste. Today I’m sharing a wheat egg spinach dosa recipe which was inspired from hebbars kitchen. What I love about this dosa is that it doesn’t require the usual fermentation process like the traditional dosa and can be customized by various veggies to your taste.
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1 handful spinach chopped
- 1 handful cilantro chopped (optional)
- salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- sesame seed oil or ghee as needed
- Mix wheat flour, salt and turmeric powder with enough water (~1/2 cup) to make into a slightly loose, pancake like batter (note: batter should not be too loose)
- Add Eggs to this mixture and mix well until combined. Batter should now be in a pouring consistency.
- Add onions, green chilies, spinach and cilantro to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a skillet or pan and add a teaspoon of sesame seed oil or ghee
- Pour about 1/4 cup of dosa batter to the skillet and cook on one side. Drizzle some ghee or oil on top before turning sides. Cook on medium flame until you seed small brown spots
- Serve warm with chutney or by itself.