A healthy breakfast/snack option for toddlers 1+ years. Its also a guilt free snacking option for adults too. Lets jump right into the recipe:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins or any nuts of choice (I used cranberries)
- Preheat over to 350F (176C), line 12 count muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of zucchini and carrots and set aside
- Mix all the dry ingredients (oats, wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, then add oil and honey.
- Add to the bowl of dry ingredients, then mix well until combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and zucchini and mix well until combined.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean
Makes 12 muffins. Store in an air tight container for upto a week.
Happy Tasty Tuesday y’all 🙂